You can redraw money with your credit cards with ATM’s in Iceland, given that you have your pin number available. ATM’s are located in most bigger towns.
In most ATM’s you can do following:
- Withdraw money with your debit- or credit card in Icelandic krona (ISK)
- Get a debit card account statement
- Transfer money from a debit card account to any other form of account
- Refill your local GSM account
Note that most vendors including taxis take credit cards and have POS system for credit card. So there is less need for you to carry on cash for all service you buy.
The only ATM that offers cash in other currency (USD, GBP) is the ATM at Keflavik airport.
- ATM’s from Arion Bank
- ATM’s from Landsbankinn (unfortunately only available in Iceland – the locations are any way the same in English)
- ATM’s from Islandsbanki